Freitag, 10. September 2010

Day 9 / 9. Tag

I finally managed to finish my first attempt of a drapedrape piece. I'm not very happy with it. My fabric choice was bad - a bulky mesh that makes the top look even more shapeless than it is anyway.

Endlich habe ich meinen ersten drapedrape-Versuch fertiggestellt. Richtig glücklich bin ich damit nicht. Der Stoff hat zuviel Volumen, so dass das Top sehr viel unförmiger aussieht, als gut für mich ist.

Sept. 9

The top is supposed to look like this and I must admit that I feel a little discouraged from trying any of the other design in the drapedrape books.

So hätte das Top aussehen sollen. Das Resultat motiviert mich nicht unbedingt, die anderen Schnitte in den drapedrape Büchern auszuprobieren.
Edit: Then again, looking at ancien-nouveau's take on this shirt, I feel there is hope yet, provided I use a really thin and drapey fabric.
Nachtrag: Wenn ich mir aber ansehe, was ancien-nouveau aus diesem Schnitt gemacht hat, schöpfe ich wieder Hoffnung, dass es nur am Stoff liegt.

Then again, I'm still very happy with the skirt. It is Burda 09/2003, no. 116. While the yoke is cut on the grainline, the body of the skirt is on the bias. This gives more freedom of movement which I need for cycling.

Der Rockschnitt bleibt dagegen ein Lieblingsschnitt. Der Sattel ist zwar im Fadenlauf, aber der Rest des Rocks wird in der Schräge zugeschnitten. Das gibt mir die Beinfreiheit, die ich auf dem Fahrrad brauche.



1 Kommentar:

  1. well done for getting your photos up for Self stitched September. It's so lovely to see all that creativity in action. I sometimes feel like I have a self stitched life, often wearing whole outfits of home made stuff..

    I completely envy you your magazine selection. Having all those European magazines to choose from is my idea of heaven!

    AntwortenLöschen